Scholarship recipients will be chosen from a pool of registered full-time students in an accredited school of medicine in Missouri, working toward an MD or DO degree.
Currently, there are two osteopathic and four allopathic accredited medical schools in Missouri:
1. Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences College
of Osteopathic Medicine
2. Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine
3. Saint Louis University School of Medicine
4. University of Missouri-Columbia School of Medicine
5. University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine
6. Washington University School of Medicine
One-thousand dollar scholarships will be awarded annually on a rotating basis by schools in alphabetical order. It is possible that more than one scholarship for each school will be available annually, depending on the distribution amount. It is also possible that no scholarships will be available, based on the distribution amount.
MSMAA has identified the following, in order of importance, as the primary criteria for the scholarship candidates:
1. Academic achievement
2. In need of financial aid
3. MSMA medical student member
4. Missouri high school graduate
5. Currently in year three of a Missouri medical school
During the fall semester, letter(s) will be sent to the recipient school(s)’ financial aid officers by the Committee with instructions on how to select the recipient(s) of the MSMAA scholarship(s).
If you wish to read more on the Alliance Scholarship Fund’s Investment Policy Statement
or the Distribution Policy
, click here.