The basic process in the new Health Insurance Marketplace is this:
(1) Go to the Marketplace website - www.HealthCare.gov
- and click Missouri in the drop-down state menu.
(2) Create an online account. You’ll need to create a user name and password, and provide names, addresses, and contact information.
(3) Enter information about you and your family, including income, household size, and any available insurance options. You’ll need to provide birth dates and Social Security numbers, and policy numbers for any existing health insurance.
(4) Pick a plan. At this point you’ll be given a list of all the eligible insurance plans for a side-by-side comparison of benefits and protections, and to find out if the plan includes your doctor. You’ll also get an estimate of any available tax credits or lower out-of-pocket costs. You’ll need to provide income information for this (W-2s, tax returns, or paycheck stubs).
(5) Enroll. Chose the plan that meets your coverage needs and fits your budget. Coverage begins as early as January 1, 2014.
Those without access to the internet may enroll and purchase insurance by toll-free telephone. The toll-free call center is open around the clock, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The number is 1-800-318-2596 (TTY: 1-855-889-4325).