Medical License Renewal
& CME Requirements
- Missouri law requires all physicians to obtain 50 hours of CME during the CME reporting period (every two years).
- The current CME reporting period ends on December 31, 2015.
- It is the responsibility of the physician, not his/her employee or employer, to submit the renewal application and fee to the Board.
- A licensee who fails to obtain 50 hours of CME during the reporting period shall not engage in the practice of medicine unless an extension has been granted by the Board.
- An application for an extension must be made prior to December 31, 2015, along with a $50 processing fee.
- Extensions are only granted through February 28, 2016.
- Failure to obtain the CME or failure to request a CME extension by December 31, 2015, is cause for disciplinary action against your license.
- The next CME reporting period is January 1, 2016 through December 31, 2017.
- Notify the board of any name/address changes to assure their renewal is sent to the proper address.
Although licenses must be renewed by December 31, 2015, the Board of Healing Arts would greatly appreciate renewals as early as possible.
Need More CME for License Renewal?