The cards are FREE to all Missourians.
- There are no enrollment forms, no restrictions, no age or income requirements, no waiting periods, no eligibility required, no exclusions, covers pre-existing conditions, no claim forms to file, no annual or lifetime limits, includes discounts on brand and generic medications, open formulary so that all medications are eligible for discounts.
- This program has a "LOWEST PRICE" feature that provides cardholders the lowest plan price on prescriptions at participating pharmacies (Medication Pricing/Discounts are calculated on the plans lowest negotiated contract price and the pharmacy’s “usual and customary” price).
- This program can be used by people who have Health Savings Accounts (HSAs), High Deductible Plans, and Medicare Part D.
- The program can be used as a standalone benefit or to get discounts on non-covered drugs.
- All Missouri residents are eligible to participate in this program.
To receive a hard copy card compliments of MSMA or to receive multiple copies of the card,
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Missouri Drug Card?
Missouri Drug Card is a FREE statewide discount prescription assistance program. The program was launched to help uninsured and underinsured residents afford their prescriptions.
Who is eligible to participate in the Missouri Drug Card program?
Every resident of Missouri is eligible to receive a FREE prescription drug card.
How do Missourians get a Missouri Drug Card?
Missourians can download a “FREE” card by visiting www.MSMA.org/rxcard . Residents can also obtain cards at various physicians’ offices, hospitals, and clinics. The cards are accepted at more than 50,000 pharmacies across the country.
How can Missouri Drug Card provide free cards to residents?
This statewide prescription assistance program is made possible and funded through the support of pharmacies and pharmaceutical companies.
What makes Missouri Drug Card different from other prescription programs?
- No enrollment forms
- No restrictions to participation
- No eligibility or income requirements/limitations
- No waiting periods
- No age restrictions
- No exclusions
- Includes pre-existing conditions
- No claim forms to file
- No annual or lifetime limits
- Includes discounts on brand and generic medications
- Open formulary so that all medications are eligible for discounts
- Confidentiality: No personal information will be sold, shared, or distributed.
Can this program be used by people who have insurance with prescription benefits?
This program was launched to help the uninsured people of Missouri afford their prescriptions. However, people with insurance can also use Missouri Drug Card to get a discount on medications not covered by their insurance (non-covered drugs).
What type of discounts can you expect when you use this card?
Average savings are roughly 30% with savings on some medications as high as 75%+.
What prescriptions are discounted with this program?
The program has an “OPEN FORMULARY” which means that all medications are eligible for a discount through this program.