Alliance Mission Statement
The purposes of the Missouri State Medical Association Alliance shall be exclusively educational and charitable. They shall be:
- To assist in those programs of the Missouri State Medical Association that improve the health and quality of life for all people;
- To uphold the programs of the American Medical Association Alliance;
- To promote health education;
- To encourage participation of volunteers in activities that meet health needs;
- To support health-related charitable endeavors; and
- To coordinate and advise concerning the activities of component Alliances of the state.
Article II of the MSMAA Bylaws states:
The Alliance is organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes within the meaning of section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. No part of the net earnings of the Alliance shall incure to the benefit of, or be distributable to, its members, trustees, officers, or other private persons except that the Alliance shall be authorized and empowered to pay reasonable compensation for services rendered. No substantial part of the activities of the alliance shall be the carrying of propaganda or otherwise attempting to influence any political campaign on behalf of any candidate for public office. Notwithstanding any other provisions of these articles the Alliance shall carry on any other activities not permitted to be carried on
- by an association exempt from Federal Income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986; or
- by an Association, contributions to which are deductable under section 170(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986.