Being an MSMA medical student member means:
- Connecting with the Missouri community of physicians, residents, and medical students
- Accessing important information and publications, including Missouri Medicine, Progress Notes, and Legislative Report
- Choosing to participate in MSMA Annual Convention, White Coat Day at the Missouri State Capitol, and the MSMA Mentorship Program
- Shadowing a “Physician of the Day” at the Missouri State Capitol
- Taking advantage of leadership opportunities
- Expressing your voice in the Missouri House of Medicine
- MSMA is medicine’s advocate at the Missouri Legislature, Medicaid, Department of Health, Department of Insurance, Board of Healing Arts, Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs, Missouri Courts and Governor’s Office.
- Medical Student Section Councilor and Vice Councilor participate in MSMA quarterly Council meetings.
- MSMA supported the Medical Student Mental Health Act of 2017.
- The Medical Student Section of the MSMA submits resolutions annually in the Missouri House of Delegates to enact policy change.
- MSMA works to expand funding of medical scholarships and loan forgiveness programs for physicians entering shortage areas in Missouri.
- The Missouri State Medical Foundation raises money to present annual scholarships to students entering medical school in Missouri.
Call 800-869-6762 or email
Links to share with peers
Choose from these graphics to spread the word with your peers or request a PDF poster.