Being an MSMA medical student member means:
- Connecting with the Missouri community of physicians, residents, and medical students
- Accessing important information and publications, including Missouri Medicine, Progress Notes, and Legislative Report
- Choosing to participate in MSMA Annual Convention and White Coat Day at the Missouri State Capitol
- Shadowing a “Physician of the Day” at the Missouri State Capitol
- Taking advantage of leadership opportunities
- Expressing your voice in the Missouri House of Medicine
- MSMA represents patients and physicians as we advocate at the Missouri Legislature, Medicaid, Department of Health, Department of Insurance, Board of Healing Arts, Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs, Missouri Courts and Governor’s Office.
- Medical Student Section Councilor and Vice Councilor participate in MSMA quarterly Council meetings.
- MSMA supported the Medical Student Mental Health Act of 2017.
- The Medical Student Section of the MSMA submits resolutions annually in the Missouri House of Delegates to enact policy change.
- MSMA works to expand funding of medical scholarships and loan forgiveness programs for physicians entering shortage areas in Missouri.
- The Missouri State Medical Foundation raises money to present annual scholarships to students entering medical school in Missouri.
Call 800-869-6762 or email
Links to share with peers
Choose from these graphics to spread the word with your peers or request a PDF poster.