YPS Delegate and Alternate Delegate OverviewThe MSMA Young Physician Section (YPS) is allowed one delegate and one alternate delegate to serve on the MSMA House of Delegates (HOD) each year. The HOD meets annually at the MSMA Annual Convention. The YPS Delegate must be a member in good standing with MSMA. She/he will be the voting member for YPS within the House of Delegates. The Alternate Delegate must also be a member in good standing with MSMA. The Alternate Delegate will stand in for the Delegate if she/he is unable to attend.
Responsibilities of Delegate
- Be the voting member for the YPS at the MSMA House of Delegates.
- Review the Delegate Handbook prior to attending the MSMA Annual Convention. The Handbook will be mailed to Delegates in advance of the Annual Convention. All resolutions submitted by the February 16 deadline will be included in the handbook.
- The YPS Delegate will be expected to attend:
- Opening Session of the House of Delegates.
- At least one Reference Committee meeting.
- Second Session of the House of Delegates.
- Delegates MUST register at the Registration Booth and identify themselves as a Delegate. The Delegate will then receive the Delegate’s badge. Each Delegate elected to the House of Delegates by his/her component medical society or section will be included on a Delegate’s List at the MSMA Registration Desk.
- Only duly elected Delegates have the privilege of the floor at meetings of the House of Delegates. A Delegate may request the privilege of the floor for any other individual, and the Speaker may grant or deny privilege for the non-Delegate to speak.